We’ve just joined the President’s Challenge, and we’d like you to join us! What’s the President’s Challenge, you ask? It’s a great way for you to be active and have fun. You can choose from two free challenges that will help you get on a healthy track for an opportunity to earn awards:
• The Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA) challenge, which helps people make physical activity and healthy eating a part of their everyday lives
• Presidential Champions, which challenges you to be more active more often—the more active you are, the more points you’ll earn toward our awards
Join our group, and we’ll help you stay motivated. Here’s what you need to do:
• If you already have a President’s Challenge account, log in at http://www.presidentschallenge.org/ and look up our group in the My Challenge application using the group number below.
• If you don’t have an account, create a free account at http://www.presidentschallenge.org/, choose which challenge you want to participate in, and look up our group in the My Challenge application using the group number below.
Group Number: 942301
Group Name: Essential Church School
Once you join this group, you will be able to:
• Log your activities and earn points that will count toward our group’s total and will help you earn President’s Challenge awards
• See how you’re doing compared to other group members
• Interact with other members in our group forum
• Add a profile picture that will display in our group (or you can hide your information from other group members, if you prefer)
• Get even more motivated to be active and healthy!
Students can work toward the PALA+ Award by logging 60/minutes a day for 5 days in 6 out of 8 weeks. Click here for a printable form, and you can get more information about the program at https://www.presidentschallenge.org/challenge/active/index.shtml.
There are additional challenges after this initial award is achieved, and students can also participate in the fitness testing for the Presidential Youth Fitness Award. We would love to have someone volunteer to coordinate a group fitness test date! Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering, and check back here in the spring for a possible group testing date. Our school can submit reports for a school award as well!!!